The Scottish Green Party has had a distinctive presence in the Scottish Parliament since its creation in 1999 with the election of Robin Harper as the UK’s first Green Parliamentarian.
The party is currently represented in Holyrood by Alison Johnstone MSP (Lothian) and Patrick Harvie MSP (Glasgow). Independent MSPs John Finnie (Highlands and Islands) and John Wilson (Central) are also party members.
We also have Green councillors in Aberdeenshire, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Midlothian and Stirling with a party member who is an independent councillor in North Lanarkshire.
Our membership is at a record level – approaching 9,000.
The party is currently co-convened by Patrick Harvie MSP and Cllr Maggie Chapman.
GREEN SUCCESSES AT HOLYROOD:
- Millions invested in community projects nationally through the Climate Challenge Fund
- UK’s first Green legislation, tackling hate crimes
- Secured Parliament’s support for youth enterprise
- Helped secure end to tuition fees in Scotland
- Won first UK vote against Trident
- Strengthened climate change legislation
- Switched funding from air routes to bus services
- Won vote against SNP plans for new coal power
- Secured millions for insulation and marine renewables
CONTACT GREENS IN YOUR AREA:
Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire: email@example.com
Dumfries & Galloway: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dundee & Angus: email@example.com
East Lothian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edinburgh & West Lothian: email@example.com
Glasgow & West of Scotland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renfrewshire (sub-branch): email@example.com
Highlands & Islands: firstname.lastname@example.org
Argyll & Bute (sub-branch): email@example.com
Moray (sub-branch): firstname.lastname@example.org
Lanarkshire & Falkirk: email@example.com
Stirling & Clackmannanshire: firstname.lastname@example.org