The Scottish Green Party has had a distinctive presence in the Scottish Parliament since its creation in 1999 with the election of Robin Harper as the UK’s first Green Parliamentarian.
The party is currently represented in Holyrood by Alison Johnstone MSP and Patrick Harvie MSP.
We now have more members than ever, and fourteen councillors in Aberdeenshire, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Midlothian and Stirling.
The party is currently co-convened by Patrick Harvie MSP and Cllr Maggie Chapman.
GREEN SUCCESSES AT HOLYROOD:
- Millions invested in community projects nationally through the Climate Challenge Fund
- UK’s first Green legislation, tackling hate crimes
- Secured Parliament’s support for youth enterprise
- Helped secure end to tuition fees in Scotland
- Won first UK vote against Trident
- Strengthened climate change legislation
- Switched funding from air routes to bus services
- Won vote against SNP plans for new coal power
- Secured millions for insulation and marine renewables
CONTACT GREENS IN YOUR AREA:
Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dumfries & Galloway: email@example.com
Dundee & Angus: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Lothian: email@example.com
Edinburgh & West Lothian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glasgow & West of Scotland: email@example.com
Renfrewshire (sub-branch): firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlands & Islands: email@example.com
Argyll & Bute (sub-branch): firstname.lastname@example.org
Moray (sub-branch): email@example.com
Lanarkshire & Falkirk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stirling & Clackmannanshire: email@example.com